- 17/09/2014 - 19/09/2014
- STIAS Wallenberg Centre
The organisers of the Stellenbosch Annual Seminar on Constitutionalism in Africa (SASCA) are pleased to announce that the Second SASCA event will be held in Stellenbosch, South Africa, from 17 to 19 September 2014.
This seminar series is jointly organised by ICLA (Institute for International and Comparative Law) at the University of Pretoria, and STIAS (Stellenbosch Institute for Advanced Study); it is funded by the Swedish Riksbankens Jubileumsfond. The seminar will be hosted at the Wallenberg Research Centre at STIAS.
This year the seminar focuses on the theme, “Separation of powers and constitutionalism in Africa: Comparative perspectives.” Papers will address the following subthemes:
- Diverse approaches to the separation of powers in Africa.
- An overview of legislative and executive relations: country studies.
- An overview of legislative and judicial relations: country studies.
- An overview of diverse approaches to judicial and executive relations: country studies.
- More detailed information about the nature and scope of the paper proposals for SASCA-2014 can be found here. Related questions about the programme and its academic content should be directed to the Seminar Organiser, professor Charles M Fombad () or the Seminar Secretary, Ms Mavunga Rufaro ().
- The draft programme for SASCA-2014 can be viewed and downloaded here: SASCA Draft Program 08-22.
- A report about the first SASCA event can be viewed here.
- Location and tourist information on Stellenbosch is available here and a map of the area can be found here.
Enquiries regarding venue, travel and accommodation:
Johann Groenewald, or Nel-Mari Loock, .