Following the successful exploratory consultation on the potential of Artificial Intelligence and Digital Diagnostics to improve health in Africa, held at STIAS 12-14 November, 2019, there was great demand from participants to maintain momentum.
The STIAS Programme Committee approved going forward with further exploration.
This meeting at STIAS, held under the aegis of the Health in Transition strategic theme, will have the following objectives:
- Helping STIAS shape the long-term project especially in identifying STIAS’s specific strengths and what area(s) to focus on
- Identifying what still needs to be done for AI/Digital diagnostics to be implementable in Africa
- Receive and discuss the results of a mapping exercise that will have identified what is being done in this field in Africa and what the gaps are
- Learning more about the 4th Industrial Revolution and how it is relevant to what we are doing
- Learning more about what platforms like ADA and Momconnect are doing and exploring their relevance to STIAS’ long term project
- Exploring potential strategic partnerships
- Exploring with participants avenues for raising funds that will help finance future STIAS Fellowships and Scholarships in this field