The organisers of the Stellenbosch Annual Seminar on Constitutionalism in Africa (SASCA) are pleased to announce that the Fourth SASCA seminar will be held at the STIAS-Wallenberg Centre in Stellenbosch, South Africa, from 7 to 9 September 2016.
This seminar, funded through a STIAS grant from the Swedish Riksbankens Jubileumsfond and the
Konrad Adenauer Stiftung, is jointly organised by
- The Institute for International and Comparative Law in Africa (ICLA) of the Faculty of Law, University of Pretoria (contact person and convenor: Prof. Charles Fombad, at [email protected])
- The Stellenbosch Institute for Advanced Study (STIAS), contact person: Prof. Johann Groenewald, Coordinator: Strategic initiatives, at [email protected], and
- The South African Research Chair in Multilevel Government, Law and Policy (SARChL) at the Dullah Omar Institute, University of the Western Cape, South Africa (contact person: Prof. Nico Steytler, at [email protected]).
The theme for the SASCA 2016 seminar is Decentralization and Constitutionalism in Africa.
Participants are drawn from African legal scholars, judges and legal practitioners as well as international scholars who have researched and written on decentralization and constitutionalism in Africa.
All the papers presented during the seminar will be peer reviewed for publication in the third volume of the new series, Stellenbosch Handbooks in African Constitutional Law, which is published by Oxford University Press, Oxford.
- The draft programme for SASCA-2016 is available here.
- For more detailed information about the scope of SASCA-2016. please address your enquiry to the Seminar Organiser, Prof. Charles M Fombad ([email protected]).
- Click on the link to view the call for papers for this event (now closed), and to see the Report on the previous SASCA seminar, click the SASCA-2015-Seminar-report.
- Click on the links for information about visa requirements and for visitors information on Stellenbosch and vicinity. For your convenience, also find a downloadable map of the area.
Please note that there is no registration fee for the seminar, but that registration is required beforehand. For enquiries about registration, accommodation and travel arrangements, contact Ms Nel-Mari Loock, STIAS Programme administrator at [email protected].
Last update: 6 September 2016