Iso Lomso Fellowships provide an exceptional early career opportunity for Africa’s brightest minds in academia. Iso Lomso means ‘the eye of tomorrow’ in isiXhosa: seeing towards the future, laying the foundations for tomorrow.
Iso Lomso Fellows will enjoy:
- a three-year attachment to STIAS during which time they may spend a total of ten months in residence at STIAS to develop and pursue a long-term research programme;
- the possibility of a residency at a sister institute for advanced study in North America, Europe or elsewhere;
- funding to attend up to three international conferences or training workshops anywhere in the world;
- support to convene a workshop with collaborators at STIAS;
- lecturer replacement subsidy for the fellow’s home institution during residency periods.
The programme is aimed at African scholars who have obtained a doctoral degree within the preceding eight years and who hold an academic position at a university or research institution anywhere in Africa. Preference will be given to candidates who have established a research programme and have completed a post-doctoral fellowship. All disciplines are considered.
Applications are now open
To submit an application:
- Download and read the Iso Lomso Call for Applications 2016
- Download and complete the Iso Lomso Application Form 2016
- Prepare the required additional documents
- Submit the application documents before the deadline
Deadline: Wednesday, 25 May 2016 (Central African Time)
For enquiries please contact:
Dr. Christoff Pauw
STIAS Programme Manager
Tel. +27 21 808 9331 (w)